[BlueOnyx:03324] Help! Being flooded by attempted hack attacks..

Paul paul at planetcentral.net
Tue Jan 12 17:34:50 -05 2010

Guys,

Help! I am getting flodded by what looks like an attempted hack attack..
The mails i am getting are:

Subject:   Cron <root at localhost> /usr/local/sbin/dfix.sh
From:   "Cron Daemon" <root at localhost.localdomain>
Date:   Tue, January 12, 2010 10:29 pm
To:   root at localhost.localdomain
a file

Unable to block non-ip target servidor47.suempresa.com

So, dfix is seeing an attempted attack, however is unable to block.
Not sure why, since checking the address out, it does resolve..

servidor47.suempresa.com [201.130.79.57]

I'm getting at least one mail a minute, all with the same content.
Currently though, i'm remote, with no ssh access to the box. However i may
be able to get access later tonight.

Anyone any advice on the quickest way to stop this at all??

Many thanks
Paul