[BlueOnyx:03379] Re: Ready to CMU from BQ to BX

Jim Dory jdory at nomealaska.org
Wed Jan 20 12:23:52 -05 2010

Thanks Gerald - I googled around about it and it may be the alias
problem - I did not go into the site GUI after cmuImport'ing so I did
not set up an alias. I'll give it another go this evening.

Another problem I had was being unable to log into the admin GUI after I
put the new server in place (on DMZ). I may have figured out the alias
if I could have. I could log into the GUI when I was setting it up on
the internal lan with an internal lan ip number, but when I changed the
ip number to the old server ip address and placed it on the DMZ, I could
no longer log in. I just got a "connecting" message at the bottom of the
browser but nothing happened. I'll log in this am and check access logs
if any and maybe that will tell me.

cheers, Jim

On 1/20/2010 7:49 AM, Gerald Waugh wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 19:31 -0900, Jim Dory wrote:
>
>> But when I plugged in the new server - I could receive mail but I got
>> (when trying to send email) an error "relaying denied" regarding the ip
>> address from my computer which is on an internal lan - server is on a
>> DMZ lan. Old server works so I missed a config somewhere - appreciate
>> where I might allow our internal subnets to send mail or whatever it is
>> I'm missing.
>>

> I may have misunderstood this in an earlier response.
> Your email client computers on the internal lan may need a PTR record.
>
> Gerald

believed to be clean.