[BlueOnyx:03381] Re: Ready to CMU from BQ to BX - admsrv won't start

Jim Dory jdory at nomealaska.org
Wed Jan 20 13:47:45 -05 2010

On 1/20/2010 8:23 AM, Jim Dory wrote:

> Another problem I had was being unable to log into the admin GUI after I
> put the new server in place (on DMZ). I may have figured out the alias
> if I could have. I could log into the GUI when I was setting it up on
> the internal lan with an internal lan ip number, but when I changed the
> ip number to the old server ip address and placed it on the DMZ, I could
> no longer log in. I just got a "connecting" message at the bottom of the
> browser but nothing happened. I'll log in this am and check access logs
> if any and maybe that will tell me.
>
> cheers, Jim

Nothing in the logs - but when I try to restart /etc/init.d/admsrv I get
a failed: address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address
0.0.0.0:81 no listening sockets available..

I had that problem once before and there was a fix using netstat -tuap
(similar) but can't find the whole command. Will keep googling unless
someone has a quick answer..?

cheers, Jim

believed to be clean.