[BlueOnyx:03419] Re: ****SPAM(9.6)**** Re: ****SPAM(9.1)**** Re: Disks not set

Jim Dory jdory at nomealaska.org
Fri Jan 22 12:44:05 -05 2010

On 1/22/2010 6:21 AM, Gerald Waugh wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 14:32 +0100, Michael Stauber wrote:
>
>> Hi Jim,
>> It's your box, Jim. Do this: "Solarspeed GUI" / "AV SPAM v5" /
>> "Settings".
>> Then find the switch "Use iXhash", set it from "Yes" to "No" and save the
>> changes. That'll fix it.
>>

> Jim, Michael,
>
> re: spam errors;
> I note that if I try sending email to Jim, it gets returned.
>
> ... while talking to nomealaska.org.:

> <<<  550 5.7.1 Blocked by SpamAssassin
> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
>
> Excuse Me!
> Sending on the list so that maybe Jim will get this email
>
> Gerald

Hi Gerald,

I'll cc the list as there was some discussion about the iXhash.

Turned off the iXhash and now I can at least send mail from my personal
account to this work account (thanks for that info), but it is still
marking it as spam. I'll post it below. I emailed it from a gmail
account - web client. Hopefully all the users won't have to spend a
bunch of time whitelisting their regular contacts - not sure yet how
this all works - I suppose I could increase the scoring from 6 to
higher, but want to get a better handle on how all this is supposed to
work first. Was running NuOnce's spamassassin and never had this problem
- maybe I'll look at the old settings on the old server..

Spam detection software, running on the system "svr2.nomecity.org", has

Content preview:  test test [...]

  pts rule name              description
  0.0 UNPARSEABLE_RELAY      Informational: message has unparseable relay lines
  2.9 TVD_SPACE_RATIO        BODY: TVD_SPACE_RATIO
  4.0 AWL                    AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list

The original message was not completely plain text, and may be unsafe to
open with some email clients; in particular, it may contain a virus,
or confirm that your address can receive spam.  If you wish to view
it, it may be safer to save it to a file and open it with an editor.

test.eml