[BlueOnyx:04961] Re: Cerberus Helpdesk - MailParse

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jul 5 21:14:30 -05 2010

Hi Richard,

> I am trying to install the Cerberus Helpdesk software on my BO. I purchased
> the latest PHP but the installation has failed on not having MailParse
> installed. I can't seem to find anything on this. is it possible to
> install this?

"MailParse" appears to be a PECL module. If you don't have that installed, you
can easily grab it through PHP's PECL interface.

Typically you'd install it this way:

Login as "admin" through SSH, then "su -" to gain "root" access. Then run this
command:

	/usr/bin/pecl install MailParse

If you use the Solarspeed PHP package, then you need to run a slightly
different command instead:

	/home/solarspeed/php/bin/pecl install MailParse

That will execute PECL, which will connect to the PECL databases to check if
there is an application called "MailParse". If so, it will download, compile
and install it.

For this you may need additional dependencies such as the gcc compiler,
autoconf, automake, make and sometimes even the delvel RPMs of certain
libraries that your application will compile against.

So if the PECL install fails, check the error message you get and see what's
missing.

Try a "yum install gcc autoconf automake make patch" to grab a few essentials
that are typically needed for compiling anything and see if that then allows
you to to suceed with the "PECL install" command. If not, read the
documentation of the PECL module you try to install and see what it suggests.