[BlueOnyx:04962] Re: Cerberus Helpdesk - MailParse

Richard Sidlin richard at sidlin.co.uk
Tue Jul 6 04:29:07 -05 2010

From: "Michael Stauber" <mstauber at blueonyx.it>
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 3:14 AM
To: "BlueOnyx General Mailing List" <blueonyx at blueonyx.it>
Subject: [BlueOnyx:04961] Re: Cerberus Helpdesk - MailParse

> Hi Richard,
>
>> I am trying to install the Cerberus Helpdesk software on my BO. I
>> purchased
>> the latest PHP but the installation has failed on not having MailParse
>> installed. I can't seem to find anything on this. is it possible to
>> install this?
>
> "MailParse" appears to be a PECL module. If you don't have that installed,
> you
> can easily grab it through PHP's PECL interface.
>
> Typically you'd install it this way:
>
> Login as "admin" through SSH, then "su -" to gain "root" access. Then run
> this
> command:
>
> /usr/bin/pecl install MailParse
>
> If you use the Solarspeed PHP package, then you need to run a slightly
> different command instead:
>
> /home/solarspeed/php/bin/pecl install MailParse
>
> That will execute PECL, which will connect to the PECL databases to check
> if
> there is an application called "MailParse". If so, it will download,
> compile
> and install it.
>
> For this you may need additional dependencies such as the gcc compiler,
> autoconf, automake, make and sometimes even the delvel RPMs of certain
> libraries that your application will compile against.
>
> So if the PECL install fails, check the error message you get and see
> what's
> missing.
>
> Try a "yum install gcc autoconf automake make patch" to grab a few
> essentials
> that are typically needed for compiling anything and see if that then
> allows
> you to to suceed with the "PECL install" command. If not, read the
> documentation of the PECL module you try to install and see what it
> suggests.
>

> --
> With best regards
>
> Michael Stauber
Hi Michael

I do have your PHP package and I followed your instructions but got the
following error:

]# /home/solarspeed/php/bin/pecl install MailParse
WARNING: channel "pecl.php.net" has updated its protocols, use "pecl
channel-update pecl.php.net" to update
downloading mailparse-2.1.5.tgz ...
Starting to download mailparse-2.1.5.tgz (37,332 bytes)
..........done: 37,332 bytes
9 source files, building
WARNING: php_bin /home/solarspeed/php/bin/php appears to have a suffix
/bin/php, but config variable php_suffix does not match
running: phpize
Configuring for:
PHP Api Version:         20041225
Zend Module Api No:      20060613
Zend Extension Api No:   220060519
/home/solarspeed/php/bin/phpize: /tmp/pear/temp/mailparse/build/shtool:
/bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied
Cannot find autoconf. Please check your autoconf installation and the
$PHP_AUTOCONF environment variable. Then, rerun this script.

ERROR: `phpize' failed

Any further suggestions please?

TIA.