[BlueOnyx:04968] Re: 5106R YUM updates (suPHP)

Abdul Rashid Abdullah webmaster at muntada.com
Tue Jul 6 19:53:43 -05 2010

Michael,

I have decided to test the suPHP on a low priority site that has a more
common configuration that I am using for the most common CMS I use.

Given username is xxx and site is www.yyy.org, here is the situation:

Public_html files are located in /home/sites/www.yyy.org/web/ (I have also
tried using the actual .sites path as well).

Private files which are referred to are located at
/home/sites/www.yyy.org/users/xxx/glfusion/.

If I set suPHP to enabled and set the web ownership to xxx I get a blank
page for the script.  However, if I disable suPHP, set the webownership to
xxx and then set specific directories that I know are being written to with
an ownership of apache everything works.

I am trying to figure this out.  I am going to post this same thing to the
glfusion developers to see if they have any insight but I am hoping I can
bring to light a situation that may come up when others go to implement.

Regards,

Rashid