[BlueOnyx:05057] Use of info, webmaster, and other aliases

Abdul Rashid Abdullah webmaster at muntada.com
Sat Jul 17 15:01:59 -05 2010

Many users on my system have created mailing lists with names like info,
webmaster, support, sales, etc.  In the /etc/mail/aliases file I have placed
a # sign in front of these entries.  However, I am finding for some reason
that the admin account on the server has become a sort of catch all now for
all of these mailing lists.  The mailing lists appear to still be working
delivering mail to their intended recipients in addition to the admin
account on the server receiving these email.

I am not sure where the conflict is occurring but I am sure it would be best
that I stop receiving email that truly belongs to someone else.  Any ideas
on how to track down the "glitch" in the system would be appreciated.

Regards,

Rashid