[BlueOnyx:04840] Re: Firewall for Datacenter

Ralf Quint Smoothwall at gmx.net
Mon Jun 28 21:06:35 -05 2010

At 06:51 PM 6/28/2010, Michael Stauber wrote:
>Hi Ralf,
>
> > Smoothwall Express 3.0, which was released almost 3 years ago
> > supports up to 4 subnets
>
>That's fine and it is good to see that the Open Source project "Smoothwall
>Express" displayed that much common sense. The "Smoothwall Corporate
>Firewall"
>(which I meant) did not. :o)

Again, you seem to be not acquainted with the current status... ;-)

The commercial "Advanced Firewall" option of Smoothwall Ltd. supports
a standard of 4 interface as well, with a maximum of 20.

http://www.smoothwall.net/products/comparison.gpl.php

Ralf

PS: I do not work for Smoothwall Ltd, though I am a user of the
Smoothwall GP/Express version for more than 9 years now, having
installed several hundred setups since v0.96...