[BlueOnyx:03887] Re: Reset sys admin lost password

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Sat Mar 6 15:14:13 -05 2010

That's the whole idea behind "site admins".  Give a representative of that company/site/group "site admin" privileges - and he can change the passwords of anyone on that site.

As the BX/system administrator - you should only get password phone calls when the site admin has lost his password (if there is only one site admin) - or those rare instances when the password change won't work.

Try to make sure each site you set up has two or three "site admins".  And then you should never get a "change password" call from that site's users.

That's one of the beauties of BQ/BX.  It distributes the load to the company/group/site.  The BX system administrator shouldn't have to worry about little things like user passwords.

Chuck