[BlueOnyx:04407] Re: sending on port 2525...

Stephanie Sullivan ses at aviaweb.com
Wed May 5 17:00:19 -05 2010

I must concur with Chris on this point. Verizon DSL and FIOS customers in
New England recently got notices that they would be closing port 25 down for
outgoing email except as sent to their provided servers. They explicitly
recommended using port 587 for external email servers when sending mail
through them.

Also, here in central MA Charter communications does not block port 25 ...
yet.

	Thanks,
		-Stephanie