[BlueOnyx:04441] Re: Suggestion to Change Location of Domain MySQL Databases

MuntadaNet Webmaster webmaster at muntada.com
Mon May 10 22:18:29 -05 2010

I guess then the other approach to really meet the objective I was
going for was some method of registering the databases that are being
used by a site.  I realize now that Blue Onyx has this now for at
least one database but what if there are several databases for a
site?  Then at least when a cmuExport is done, a mysqldump call could
be done against each database registered for the site.  That is
really want I am going for here.

I guess I am making the suggestion in part as I migrate one BQ box to
BX, I am realizing there are databases that may no longer be part of
any site because the site was deleted without recalling due to no
record keeping of what database was created for what site and for the
databases that are active, how am I going to go easily migrate the
databases over with their site.  I am not necessarily migrating all
databases and all sites at the same time and all to the same server
which makes the full cmuExport not exactly what I am looking for.

-Rashid