[BlueOnyx:04442] Re: Suggestion to Change Location of Domain MySQL Databases

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Mon May 10 23:28:20 -05 2010

Hi Rashid.

On 11/05/2010 1:18 PM, MuntadaNet Webmaster wrote:
> I guess then the other approach to really meet the objective I was
> going for was some method of registering the databases that are being
> used by a site.  I realize now that Blue Onyx has this now for at
> least one database but what if there are several databases for a
> site?  Then at least when a cmuExport is done, a mysqldump call could
> be done against each database registered for the site.  That is
> really want I am going for here.
>
> I guess I am making the suggestion in part as I migrate one BQ box to
> BX, I am realizing there are databases that may no longer be part of
> any site because the site was deleted without recalling due to no
> record keeping of what database was created for what site and for the
> databases that are active, how am I going to go easily migrate the
> databases over with their site.  I am not necessarily migrating all
> databases and all sites at the same time and all to the same server
> which makes the full cmuExport not exactly what I am looking for.

I understand your problem. There is another solution. Each site in BO
has a database automatically created. For sites that have one database,
this will be catered for. This should cater for 99% of your sites....

The only bad news is that it will be a two step process. When you
migrate to BO, you will initially have to do a complete mysql
dump/restore ..... and then later migrate data for individual databases
into the new names allocated to each vsite .... and change the app
config files as well...

I hope that helps.

|   / \   Greg Kuhnert, gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au               |
|<   o>  Compass Networks - Pointing you in the right direction      |
|   \ /   Come see us for BlueQuartz / BlueOnyx modules&  Support.    |