[BlueOnyx:04504] Re: PCI scans -trying again without the report

Martyn Bailey martyn at solis.co.uk
Sun May 16 03:26:41 -05 2010

On 15 May 2010, at 23:43, Michael Stauber wrote:

> I just went through the entire report and it contains so much garbage
> that I can't even be bothered to refute them one by one.

Sadly this is to be expected.  PCI Auditors will use tools - but
use them without any deeper understanding of what the tools
actually do - or what their diagnostics really show.   This is no
different from the huge number of ‘Auditors’ who sold snake-oil
during the run up to Y2K - often making their money not from
offering anything constructive, but from the fear created by the
so called Millennium Bug.