[BlueOnyx:04508] Aventurin{e} Servers

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Sun May 16 11:38:44 -05 2010

I have posted this question on the list (rather than emailing Michael) as I
feel the subject may be of general interest.

I run a number of Aventurin{e} clusters and have been delighted with them I
want to put another pair in. I am considering using Asus barebone systems as
the base. These servers will be quite high traffic (cloud apps) and I hoped
for some opinions:

1. Has anybody experience of running Asus 1u servers?
2. AMD or Intel? Which processors give the most 'bang per buck'?
3. What is the max size SATA the current versions of Aventurin{e} will
support?
4. The cases support up to 4 drives - how will Aventurin{e} configure these?

Budget is limited so can't afford totally maxed out systems! I will probably
go dual CPU and plenty of RAM though.

Colin