[BlueOnyx:04494] Re: PCI scans -trying again without the report

Jeff Folk jefffolk at mac.com
Sat May 15 11:44:37 -05 2010

You do realize that cPanel and BlueOnyx are just an administrative
GUI, right? Depending on the results of the PCI scan, you problems
might only be with CentOS 5 (doubtful) or configuration errors of your
base software (more likely), or insecure processing software (my first
guess)?

I can understand your frustration, I hate auditors, too, but throw us
a bone... You can't blame BlueOnyx (especially on this public list)
without any justification.

Post the link, I'll try to help. You are playing with the big boys now
(PCI), and you are going to have to pay (even with only your time and
effort) to play. I got paid $90K at the bank doing what I did, and we
paid an auditing firm ($160K) to come in and do "practice" audits so
we could pass the real thing with flying colors. What makes more
sense... Fighting through this yourself, or paying a company to do it
that can share the costs with thousands of other customers?

Kind regards;
Jeff