[BlueOnyx:04517] Re: PCI scans - with link to report

Doug Harvey dwh1958 at gmail.com
Sun May 16 21:02:20 -05 2010

I agree. It certainly is a choice to be able to firewall and there are many
other alternatives, but in the long run, to run a good, busy ecommerce site,
you need to think beyond the just passing report.

In my case, I could have taken the mail and mysql and put them on the same
server as Apache, but in hindsight, I ended up with a really good setup that
is a lot harder to crack and a much more appreciative customer base.

For the case of the cleaning company...I can only ask...Why!?  No on-line
transactions?  They had to have been pushed, lied to and just about any
other high pressure sales tactic to make them go through what they went
through.

Doug