[BlueOnyx:04524] Re: PCI scans - with link to report

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon May 17 08:40:19 -05 2010

Doug Harvey wrote:
> In my case, I could have taken the mail and mysql and put them on the
> same server as Apache, but in hindsight, I ended up with a really good
> setup that is a lot harder to crack and a much more appreciative
> customer base.

It's always great to be able to offer customized solutions for an
appreciative customer, right!?

> For the case of the cleaning company...I can only ask...Why!?  No
> on-line transactions?  They had to have been pushed, lied to and just
> about any other high pressure sales tactic to make them go through what
> they went through.

It really does rank up there in the list of bizarre things I've
witnessed.  The kicker was how long they put up with it.  We tried to
give them every guidance, but it always seemed to come to a credibility
perception.  We were "just" the webhost.  We couldn't possibly know more
than the bank, which is very big, and has lots of people to throw around
plenty of scary sounding lingo.  It went on for 3 years.

In the end, though, they kissed the bank goodbye.  Good for them.  Chalk
one up for the good guys!  :)

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services