[BlueOnyx:04525] Re: how to initialize DNS without GUI

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon May 17 08:50:25 -05 2010

Eiji Hamano (bluequartz) wrote:
> I like initialize DNS in BO.
>
> I tried to execute dnsImport.pl for convert dns from BQ to BO.
> But new DNS does not work at all in BO.
>
> I like to initialize it for trying again without GUI.
> The domains are hundreds.
>
> I copied /var/named/chroot/var/* and
> /var/named/chroot/etc/* from non-DNS BO.
> I restarted the server.
>
> But the hundreds domain are still in.    Why ?

Hi Eiji,
You cannot just drop the files in, since that will not populate the DNS
records in BlueOnyx.   Instead, you must import them.   The
"blueonyx-dnstoolbox" is good for this.   Install it with YUM on the new
server.

First you can use /usr/sausalito/sbin/dnsDeleteAllRecords.pl to remove
all existing DNS records from the GUI.  Now you start with a clean slate.

Next you can take the DNS that you have exported from your old server
(ie: using RaqBackup.sh, etc) and transfer that to the new sever.  Or
you can just copy out the old server's zone files, I think.  Then run
/usr/sausalito/sbin/dnsImport.pl on the exported DNS records and they
will be entered in for you.

HTH,
--
Chris Gebhardt