[BlueOnyx:04536] Re: BX failure: No GUI changes can be made

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon May 17 12:01:55 -05 2010

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
> Having trouble with a customer system that is not saving any GUI
> changes.  It just appears to hang.  The issue was first noticed by the
> customer trying to add a new vsite and the GUI issued this error:
> "UNKNOWN ERROR DURING CREATE"
>
> Going back through previous suggestions, I found there was no
> /etc/passwd.lock in place, and all the mail files hash out OK.
>

> I also notice that no other changes seem to complete.   vsites cannot be
> deleted, time cannot be changed, password changes do not complete.  In
> short, it appears that no input through the GUI appears to function.
>
> I've restarted cced.init to no avail.
>
> The only error that seems to crop up in /var/log/adm_error is this:
> [Mon May 17 06:14:46 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]
> ServerScriptHelper.ServerScriptHelper(): Cannot authenticate to CCE
> (login name: , session ID: )
>
> I've used passwd at the CLI to manually change the password for both the
> root and admin users, and that has had no effect on the problem.
>
> Suggestions and assistance would be welcomed!

I hate replying to my own post, but now I'm finding this in adm_error:
[Mon May 17 09:59:40 2010] [emerg] (28)No space left on device: Couldn't
create accept lock (/etc/admserv/logs/accept.lock.6573) (5)

That seems very strange because I don't see how space could be short:

[root at server ~]# df -h
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-root
                       5.9G  2.3G  3.3G  41% /
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-tmp
                       2.0G   69M  1.8G   4% /tmp
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-home
                        24G  3.8G   19G  17% /home
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-var
                       3.9G  832M  2.9G  23% /var
/dev/sda1              99M   37M   58M  39% /boot
tmpfs                 252M     0  252M   0% /dev/shm

The plot thickens (as my hairline thins).

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services