[BlueOnyx:05690] Why is my BlueOnyx so unstable?

Reginald reginaldvw at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 09:50:10 -05 2010

We have BO on 3 webservers. For some strange reason they are all
unstable, for lack of a better word.

Here is a list of some of the issues we are experiencing:

- installing Automated Backup package purchased from Michael does not
work, we emailed Michael about it, he is on it. We tried to install
from command line. It is not working. There is not any error but
package is not installed.
- same goes for APF and BFD package
- server just goes down, probably because of heavy load (probably
dictionary attack), disabled spamassasin filter in sendmail and virus
checking in mailscanner, load seems low now
- unable to create new users
- problems with FTP server: cannot connect to a site, this morning it was OK

My server admin fixes these problems but they come back.

I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? Is paid support available?