[BlueOnyx:05733] 550 User unknown when sent to alias

Bryan Parker bparker at sidusgroup.com
Tue Nov 9 11:54:38 -05 2010

Greetings BlueOnyx mailing list,

I have an issue with a server recently migrated from Blue Quartz to Blue
Onyx using the CMU tool,
and I can't quite figure it out.

When an email gets sent to an alias, it is bounced back with 550 User
unknown,
but when sent to a non-aliased address (original user), the mail goes
through.
The /etc/mail/virtusertable and virtusertable.db files are being updated
with the aliases when added through the GUI.

Not sure if this makes any difference, but I applied the following
change to accomodate the MX records for this particular server:
http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section4#4.5

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

Please let me know what additional information may be needed.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
Best regards,
Bryan Parker