[BlueOnyx:05735] Re: 550 User unknown when sent to alias

Bryan Parker bparker at sidusgroup.com
Tue Nov 9 13:20:26 -05 2010

On 11/9/2010 1:00 PM, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
> Bryan Parker wrote:
>> Greetings BlueOnyx mailing list,
>>
>> I have an issue with a server recently migrated from Blue Quartz to Blue
>> Onyx using the CMU tool,
>> and I can't quite figure it out.
>>
>> When an email gets sent to an alias, it is bounced back with 550 User
>> unknown,
>> but when sent to a non-aliased address (original user), the mail goes
>> through.
>> The /etc/mail/virtusertable and virtusertable.db files are being updated
>> with the aliases when added through the GUI.
>>
>> Not sure if this makes any difference, but I applied the following
>> change to accomodate the MX records for this particular server:
>> http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section4#4.5
>>
>> Has anyone seen this behavior before?
>>
>> Please let me know what additional information may be needed.
>> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> The quickest remedy for you to try is to edit the user, remove the
> aliases, save, then re-input the aliases, save again, and see if that
> fixes things.  You might also try giving Sendmail a kick after you do
> that with # service sendmail restart.

Gave that a shot, but no go. It is still bouncing back with 550 User
unknown.
I also tried creating a new user, and aliases under the new user are
also not working.
sendmail was restarted in both cases.

--
Best regards,
Bryan Parker

AlwaysOnline.net/RaqShaq.com - Technical Support
http://support.alwaysonline.net
http://support.raqshaq.com
Sidus Group, LLC