[BlueOnyx:05754] Re: Dovecot login

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Nov 10 09:17:53 -05 2010

Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> I have a potential customer who wants to use Blueonyx for his VPS, but
> wants to know if the POP3/IMAP login is capable of authenticating with
> the full email address instead of just the username. If so, then they
> don't have to update all their 100 PC's. Is that possible to do?

Hi Robert,
Sounds to me like you've got a potential migration from a Plesk box?

Unfortunately, BX boxes will authenticate on usernames only (not the
full email address).

On the plus side, it will be a one-time issue for the customer.  When
the authentication fails, they re-enter the credentials.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services