[BlueOnyx:05760] New bug from FTP update

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 15:40:21 -05 2010

I am not sure what the default behavior is in BlueOnyx anymore but I had
added a "DefaultChdir /Web" into the /etc/proftpd.conf file so that when
users login to ftp they are moved into the correct web folder.

The latest proftp security patch broke this. Does anyone else do this and if
so is there a way to fix this behavior. I did some Googling and there is
some discussion of an IPv6 bug causing problems in newer versions of proftp
but I am not sure if that could be related.

I know I can tell all my users to start specifying /web in there FTP but I
would hate to force all my users to understand and make that change.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

M Aronoff Out