[BlueOnyx:05823] Re: Automated installs of CMS's

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Sun Nov 14 03:29:22 -05 2010

Hi to all who have been reading this thread.

I've been reviewing some of the discussions on this topic, and thinking
about how WHAM might be used to meet your needs. The two points that
stick out from the discussions are (1) You want more modules, and (2)
You want a different pricing model. I have some ideas to address both of
these points. The ideas are still a little work in progress, but here's
a current status report.

Work has commenced on a new wham module. This particular module needed
something new that was not possible using the existing installer. I only
needed a minor hack, but I decided to do a little more work to cleanup
some stuff that has been outstanding for a while. I'd estimate no more
than a week to complete both of these tasks. I think most readers will
enjoy the new module that is published - as it meets a need that many
have discussed on this list.

Once the installer update is complete and the first new module
published, work will commence on getting more new modules published to
help meet the first of the requirements discussed - to publish more modules!

The 2nd requirement is the pricing model. I have a few ideas in this
area as well, but the ideas are very early in the thought process, and
I'm not quite ready to share these thoughts yet.

There is much more to talk about, but this is probably not the right
place for ongoing discussions about a commercial add-on for BlueOnyx.
So, if anyone would like to be part of the discussion for new WHAM
modules, feel free to join a thread at
http://forum.compassnetworks.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3#p3

Regards,
Greg.

|   / \   Greg Kuhnert, gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au               |
|<   o>  Compass Networks - Pointing you in the right direction      |
|   \ /   Come see us for BlueQuartz / BlueOnyx modules&  Support.    |