[BlueOnyx:05870] Re: About ASP and BX

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Nov 17 04:57:42 -05 2010

Hi Emmanuel,

> I will migrate from BQ to BX next month.
> I  read that some people successfully installed Chilisoft ASP (without
> GUI) in a BX server.
>
> Any pkg or step by step instructions ?

The ChiliSoft ASP for BlueQuartz contained the ChiliSoft v3.6.2 stuff, which
wouldn't run on CentOS5 anyway, as it was compiled for a much older Linux.

It was (at least for a while) possible to install a later version of the "Sun
ONE Active Server Pages" on CentOS from the command line.

That would then miss the GUI pages that the old PKG contained.

Since Oracle bought Sun the bloody software has been renamed again, so it's
now called "Sun Java System Active Server Pages" and the latest version
appears to be v4.0.3.

The Unix install instructions for it can be found here:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-3382/ahjaq?l=all&a=view

I don't know if or how well that'll work on BlueQuartz. This ASP integration
was already crap when ChiliSoft coded it, but since it passed to two other big
companies who never have known how to treat inherited code well, things
probably went for the worse.