[BlueOnyx:05507] Re: getting hammered by this ip 219.237.15.233

James james at slor.net
Fri Oct 1 09:18:34 -05 2010

The most reliable way I have found to block all traffic, permanently, from a
specific host is to put iptables rejection rules in
/etc/cron.hourly/log_traffic.  In the configfile generation section before
the -A rules, you can add a line such as:

-I INPUT -s <ip address> -j DROP

That cron job regularly updates your firewall rules in
/etc/sysconfig/iptables.  You should also be able to mask a subnet in a
similar fashion to the routing example.

James