[BlueOnyx:05508] Re: getting hammered by this ip 219.237.15.233

Alan Kline alan at snugglebunny.us
Fri Oct 1 10:02:29 -05 2010

OK...I see what you're saying, but I don't have anything at all in
cron.hourly. I'm using dFix to temporarily block intruders, but it
sounds like what I'm after is a way to have the cron job permanently
block those IP's...

Most of my problems lately have been hackers trying to get at my
phpMyAdmin config files. My .htaccess 403's any such attempt, and I then
go through and add the attacker's subnet to iptables manually, usually
every day. I'd love to find a way to automate that...

ak