[BlueOnyx:05578] Re: SYSERR(root): rewrite: excessive recursion (max 50), ruleset canonify

Jeff Folk jefffolk at mac.com
Thu Oct 14 09:18:59 -05 2010

On Oct 14, 2010, at 8:22 AM, Soyer Frank wrote:

> Another thing :
>
> # /usr/sbin/sendmail -bv postmaster at ouestlekeum.com
> rewrite: excessive recursion (max 50), ruleset canonify
> rewrite: excessive recursion (max 50), ruleset parse
> postmaster at ouestlekeum.com... User unknown
>
> postmaster exists :
> # grep postmaster /etc/mail/virtusertable
> @www.ouestlekeum.com    postmaster at ouestlekeum.com
>
> May it be possible that the real error was user unknown ?
> And if so, what must I verify ?
>
> Frank

Looking at this again... Your virtusertable entry defines a catchall
which forwards to postmaster at ouestlekeum.com, but you don't have an
entry defining the user. As I recall, "postmaster" is a reserved name
in the system, and you will be unable to add this as an alias/user in
the GUI. You would have to edit the virtusertable file manually
something like this:

@www.ouestlekeum.com    postmaster at ouestlekeum.com (already exists...)
postmaster at www.ouestlekeum.com    some_other_username_in_domain

See if that doesn't sort this out (at least for postmaster).

Jeff