[BlueOnyx:05605] Re: SYSERR(root): rewrite: excessive recursion (max 50), ruleset canonify

Rodrigo Ordonez Licona rodrigo at xnet.mx
Mon Oct 18 16:43:03 -05 2010

Try reducing your TTL to 1 minute o r so, So you can have better tests.

Maybe you already fixedit and did not wait enough,

If you already checked Michales Suggestions, this is some extras thay you
might try.

Check if the DNS your server uses can resolve properly:

A)Check
/etc/resolv.conf to check if your dns server are correct and working, change
them if necesarry preferably throgh the GUI.

B)Also after any change try restarting sendmail(as root) and bind just in
case,
/etc/init.d/sendmail restart
/etc/init.d/named restart

C)Run the newaliases command too

D)Use nslookup on a windows machine to see which servers and what are then
responding.

This is how we test it :
nslookup - ip.dns.you.user
set d2     <-This set the debug mode
www.yourdomain.com

E)Use dig on your server
dig www.domainwithproblems.com

F)Check for weird thisngs like duplicates or types in the following files
/etc/mail/access
/etc/mail/aliases
/etc/mail/virtusertable
/etc/mail/localhostnames