[BlueOnyx:05625] Permissions issue with suPHP

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Sat Oct 23 17:54:22 -05 2010

I have a client site created using suPHP that I installed Joomla on for
them.  I set it up using the standard installer and did not implement the
FTP transfer method.

The problem I am having is with a specific plugin called SigPlus
(http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/photos-a-images/photo-gallery/11426
)

This is a content plugin and a module that enables images to be displayed in
content articles using thumbnails that when clicked expand using a
lightbox-style feature.

The problem I am having with the client site is the thumbnails and
supporting directories are being created with incorrect permissions.
Instead of being 644 for the thumbnail images, they are being created as
600, virtually making them unreadable to the web user.

Thoughts?  Ideas?