[BlueOnyx:05636] Re: Permissions issue with suPHP

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Mon Oct 25 20:59:49 -05 2010

I have made some progress on this:

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=286584

etc/suphp.config file

Changed unmask from 0077 to 0022

Does this file get overwritten by Yum?

Now I am having another issue.  The site is run by a single user who is also
the site administrator.

If this user edits the sites template's index.php or template's CSS files in
the Joomla 1.5 administrative control panel, it saves them with this
permissions:

-r-xr-xr-x

With that, you can no longer edit it with an FTP editor., because it is
missing the site owner's "w" bit.  If you manually change the files to:

-rwxr-xr-x

You can edit them with an FTP editor, but the next time you edit and save
them in the administrative backend, it goes back to:

-r-xr-xr-x

How do I fix this behavior? Shouldn't it set the files as 644 anyway?