[BlueOnyx:08316] Re: Wordpress HowTo

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Aug 30 10:17:40 -05 2011

Hi Ernie,

> but the "Update Automatically" button just takes me to the "Connection
> Information" dialog where it asks for ftp information.

That's the part that I don't understand, Ernie. Is that a button in the
BlueOnyx GUI, or in Wordpress?

If you're refering to an update function built into Wordpress, then it could
be that you have to allow the PHP function "Allow URL Fopen". Which is
typically disabled in BlueOnyx for security reasons. But PHP needs it enabled
if the script in question wants to make a connection to an outside URL.

Other than that: PHP-5.2.10 is quite old (July 2009) and in fact the entire
PHP-5.2 line has been EOL'ed by PHP.net. The last PHP-5.2 was 5.2.17.