[BlueOnyx:09201] migration problems BQ to BO

J. Ronken jw at ronken.net
Sat Dec 10 17:50:52 -05 2011

Hi,
I have problems migrating from BlueQuartz to BlueOnyx (one of our old
mailservers is still running bluequartz, but needs to be replaced now).
We used nuonce system backup function (a frontend to raqbackup.sh) for the
export and then import on the BlueOnyx box.
All sites and users import fine, however there are some (no idea yet how
many of the total) users where the password is not valid (checking mail or
ssh login).
What I figured out so far:
1. Cmu.xml contains the encrypted passwords when exporting from BQ.
2. After an import in BO and then exporting it again, the new cmu.xml has
the same encrypted passwords, importing these in BQ works fine.
3. Until now, it seems that only a few users (2 of 20 tested, but that is
still 20%!) have this problem.
What can be the cause of this?

Thanks
jan