[BlueOnyx:06497] Re: OWM and Spam

Dan Porter dan at twinwolf.net
Mon Feb 14 22:55:01 -05 2011

---------- Original Message -----------
 From: "Darrell D. Mobley" <dmobley at uhostme.com>
 Sent: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:03:21 -0500
 Subject: [BlueOnyx:06496] Re: OWM and Spam

> Dan,
>
> Thanks for the response.  I have looked at the other BQ/BX add-ons and on a server
with just one client using the webmail, it isn’t worth it to buy those add-ons, and it’s
like you say, they tax the hardware as well.

> SpamSoap looks like a good solution.  I did a quick spin around their site, but wasn’t
able to determine costs.  What would it cost to cleanse all the email on one BX box?  Is
it simply an MX records thing?

Darrell,

To answer your last question first, yes, its just a matter of pointing the MX record to
the one given to you by Spam Soap.   They handle the incoming mail and then send it on,
once it has been cleaned, to your BQ/BX box.   In addition to each user having access to
their own Spam Soap console, they have the ability to get a report (daily, weekly etc)
of which emails were filtered out so the user can make adjustments and be sure that no
legit emails were being filtered.

I can't give you a specific price as it depends on number of domains and number of email
addresses.   Looking at ours, right now I am averaging about $1.10 per user per month.
The more users, the better the price break.   We currently run approx 250 users and 50
domains.   If they quote you a price that is much higher, let me know and maybe you and
I can work out deal for a single user/domain.   Feel free to email me off list if you
wish to discuss it further.

Dan Porter
Twin Wolf Technology Group