[BlueOnyx:06591] Re: Customer Support

Jon McCauley jon at ontarioweb.ca
Sat Feb 26 20:11:50 -05 2011

On 2/26/2011 10:54 AM, Darrell D. Mobley wrote:
> As a tiny web hosting company, I have all the necessity to appear to be like
> the big boys to my customers.  Here is my question:
>
> On the virtual site for my web hosting company's domain name, I have a user
> account "support".  I have a dozen or so aliases to that account, such as
> postmaster, abuse, etc.  If I want to install a customer support ticketing
> system, it makes sense to use the "support" email address for this, but if I
> do, it means moving those aliases to another email account, doesn't it?  I
> wouldn't want a complaint sent to abuse at mydomain.com to generate an
> automated response that their message had been received by the support desk.
>
> How do other's have their support desk's set up?
I use a separate account called helpdesk@, we send it to my cell if I am
out on the road....as Micheal pointed out...... we also have it on our
PBX system that for faster service to open a ticket....I also use
WhatsUp gold that sends me a report on the health of the servers ever hour

Best Regards, Jon McCauley