[BlueOnyx:06254] Re: Newbie Install

Jon McCauley jon at ontarioweb.ca
Tue Jan 4 19:38:59 -05 2011

> Whole-heartedly agreed.  I know that I've said it before plenty of
> times, and at the risk of sounding like a "hardware snob", there just is
> not any benefit to trying to run BlueQuartz or BlueOnyx on a RaQ
> anymore.  Not when you can pick up decent P4 pizza-boxes for the price
> of a few cups of good coffee.
I would not concider this comment as a " hardware snob", we as hosting
companys and Colo centers need to keep up with security and down time,
and if that takes throwing new hard ware at it to sleep better...sign me up

> If you're just looking for a project, and you enjoy beating your head
> against a wall for minimum returns, then by all means have at it and enjoy.
Even if you could AKA: Load the Kernel....I don't think you would ever
benefit from succeeding other then saying I did it...now Zeffy might differ

> If you have any aspirations of actually running a website, don't try to
> make the RaQ do what it was never built or intended to do.   As we say
> in Texas, don't try and teach a pig to sing.  It wastes your time and
> annoys the pig.
Singing Pigs, can I see that on YouTub ;)) lol

Best Regards, Jon McCauley