[BlueOnyx:06257] Re: Newbie Install

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Jan 4 21:39:35 -05 2011

Bart P wrote:
> It's more a project than anything.  And mostly because I can't figure
> out how to get a recent version of php or mysql installed on the Cobalt
> OS that came with it.

You can't.   Nobody makes an update for them anymore.

> Thanks for your suggestion, albeit not the direction I'm taking this.

Sure thing.  IF it's just a way to spend time, sort of as a hobby, then
by all means have at it!  I certainly won't begrudge anybody the
learning activity.   I think that some of the response you are seeing
from the list is trying to save you from unnecessary brain damage if
this were going to be something you were ever to trust with a website.  :)

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services