[BlueOnyx:06286] Re: help with wild card SSL cert install

Jeffrey Pellin jeffrey at px2co.net
Mon Jan 10 12:56:36 -05 2011

Hi Y'all

Just thought I'd mention that some of the files on the web talk about
passwording the key attached to the certificate. Please don't do this as
it stops Apache reloading after a restart without the password being
entered manually.

I got caught out badly on this when I took over maintenance on a server
that had had this done prior to my involvement. I restarted the server
after a problem but Apache wouldn't start without the passphrase. The
client had no idea what the password was ad it took several hours to
resume their service.

All the best

Jeffrey