[BlueOnyx:06373] Missing files...... can someone confirm what happens when an update occurs?

ETM Pacific Support support at etmpacific.com.au
Sun Jan 23 21:58:30 -05 2011

Hello,

I just signed into a system after a week or more away and found that the
single .sh file I had in /home is no longer on the drive and can only assume
that an update must have killed this extra file in /home.

Strangely the subdirectories I created in /home are still there as are all
the log files from months ago in each of the subdirectories so it didn't
delete anything other than what was not 'normal' in the root of the /home
directory.

I also checked history and it shows the file being used ( so I know it was
there in the past ) but doesn't show me deleting the file.

There is nothing else missing on the drive that I can find - crontab is
still as I expected it to be and rc.local is still intact.

The machine is a RAID1 DL360 with no raid errors showing...

So I can only assume that an update made it 'go away' - are there any other
directories that I should stay away from?

Regards

Tony