[BlueOnyx:06403] Re: Multiple databases for user

Ken - Precision Web Hosting, Inc kenlists at precisionweb.net
Wed Jan 26 12:18:04 -05 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet" <cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 5:39 AM
Subject: [BlueOnyx:06401] Re: Multiple databases for user

> Dan Porter wrote:
>> Users can access phpMyAdmin outside of the GUI by going to the url:
>> http://mydomain.com/phpmyadmin   (all lower-case letters)
>
> Thanks guys.  I understand how to access phpMyAdmin.   My question is
> how can the user set up a new (2nd, 3rd, 4th etc) DB once he has
> accessed phpMyAdmin.   That ability seems to be missing.
>
> --
> Chris Gebhardt
> VIRTBIZ Internet Services
> Access, Web Hosting, Colocation, Dedicated
> www.virtbiz.com | toll-free (866) 4 VIRTBIZ

Chris

I don't actually know, but if you give them the "grant" option for their
username, does that do it?
http://forums.powervps.com/archive/index.php/t-710.html

Also, on a different note, I don't really like having a url like phpmyadmin
since it is just another way for brute force attacks to try to guess
passwords (unless you have software checking those logins and blocking the
attacks). It would be nice if the GUI let you rename the url to something
random (and then automatically link to that url).

----
Ken M
Precision Web Hosting, Inc.
http://www.precisionweb.net