[BlueOnyx:06404] Re: Multiple databases for user

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Wed Jan 26 12:47:08 -05 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 09:18 -0800, Ken - Precision Web Hosting, Inc
wrote:

> Also, on a different note, I don't really like having a url like phpmyadmin
> since it is just another way for brute force attacks to try to guess
> passwords (unless you have software checking those logins and blocking the
> attacks). It would be nice if the GUI let you rename the url to something
> random (and then automatically link to that url).

Not sure if it will survive updates.
But you can edit
 /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpMyAdmin.conf
 Alias /phpMyAdmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin
 Alias /phpmyadmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin
I changed mine to;
 #Alias /phpMyAdmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin
 #Alias /phpmyadmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin
 Alias /MySQL-Admin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin

restarted httpd, now only accessible as
 http://host.domain.tld/MySQL-Admin

Gerald