[BlueOnyx:06408] Re: Multiple databases for user

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Jan 26 13:35:40 -05 2011

Titus Bolton wrote:
> Did you check the dependencies?  Make sure that if you're using php's
> mysqlnd (the 'newer' php mysql driver) that you have upgraded your mysql
> tables and that you're not using the "old_passwords" in my.cnf.  This
> happens frequently because the hashing for the tables is different, the
> upgrade_mysql changes the hashing to 128bits instead of 16 (I could be
> wrong about the 16 bit hashing... but I think that's what it was).
>
> Also, check for permissions too.  We've also had goofed permissions
> stuff which was causing very similar errors.

That may be ahead of what I'm seeing.  I haven't even gotten to the
point where it errors out yet.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about going to Server Management > Security
 > phpMyAdmin.   I click on phpMyAdmin so it should open up right there
in the BX GUI.  Instead the browser cannot connect.

The frame is trying to open https://hostname.domain.tld/phpMyAdmin.  If
I try that in Lynx, I get "Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host."
It's just not connecting at all.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services