[BlueOnyx:06409] Re: Multiple databases for user

Doug Harvey dwh1958 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 13:55:03 -05 2011

HI everyone. After reading this, I just wanted to comment. Not knowing BX as
much as I did BQ, I do agree that having a link to phpMyAdmin is somewhat
dangerous. I ran it for a while and got hammered on and had to implement
firewall rules to get it to stop.

My current host is running cPanel and has it set up pretty nice. The only
way to get to phpMyAdmin is through the cPanel. The other interesting thing
to note, is that you can only create databases from another section in
cPanel that is not related to phpMyAdmin. Not sure why they (or if that is
just the way that cPanel works) did it that way, but I would like to note
that even coping the link to phpMyAdmin while in there and then trying to
get to it after logging out, redirects to their main page.

Just a couple of thoughts for everyone.

Thanks...Doug