[BlueOnyx:07650] Re: Solarspeed PHP 5.2.x pkg

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Jul 9 09:51:08 -05 2011

Hi Robert,

> I tested all to work including our site
> that uses the pgsql extension, but later on, not sure what happened, it
> will not load that extension finding this error in the logs when the
> site tries to load using Postgres extension...
>
> [Sat Jul 09 10:04:38 2011] [error] [client 220.181.108.158] PHP Warning:
>  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
> '/home/solarspeed/php/lib/php/20060613/pgsql.so' -
> /home/solarspeed/php/lib/php/20060613/pgsql.so: undefined symbol:
> php_regcomp in Unknown on line 0
>
> Any ideas what went wrong with this extension?

Typically Postgres isn't installed on BlueOnyx and that PHP package only
brings "postgres-libs" aboard to satisfy the bare metal dependencies for
Postgres.

You may want to install the remaining Postgres RPMs through YUM, just to be
sure that you have everything:

yum install postgresql-odbc postgresql-libs postgresql-devel postgresql
postgresql-docs postgresql-server

If that doesn't fix the problem, then please email me (offlist) the output of
this command:

ldd /home/solarspeed/php/lib/php/20060613/pgsql.so

Because then it could be that you have some kind of modification on your
system, like a modified or self compiled Postgres or a supporting library
which may be different than expected.