[BlueOnyx:07718] Re: BlueOnyx 5107R Beta available

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Jul 19 11:44:19 -05 2011

Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Ernie,
>
>> I noticed there are several betas in the directory, will a yum update grab
>> the changes from one to the next or is a clean install required each time
>> you release a new beta?
>
> No, a reinstall is not needed. The updates will be delivered through YUM. The
> differences between the various betas are just minor tweaks here and there
> that mostly deal with the install process. Although the latest beta added a
> few RPMs that fall into the category "nice to have" and which initially were
> forgotten to include.

Would it also be safe to say that the current Beta may be YUM updated to
the eventual production level?    I'm considering moving a few
production sites to 5107R and I'm able to stomach some temporary issues
while we're still technically in Beta if the eventual plan is that it
becomes production, rather than have to reinstall.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services