[BlueOnyx:07891] Re: BlueOnyx 5107R Beta - swatch warning

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jul 28 09:07:14 -05 2011

Hi Steven,

> [root at nunsuch sbin]# cat /usr/sbin/swatch.sh
> #!/bin/bash
> export LANG=en_US
> export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
> export LINGUAS="en_US ja da_DK de_DE"
> /usr/sbin/swatch -c /etc/swatch.conf
>

> Does fix it, but it's more than a little hacky. Perhaps someone with a bit
> more experience with using environment variables with Perl might be able
> to provide a real solution..

I just looked at this again. I think I found the root cause of the issue:
swatch.conf had "lang=en" in it, which is now incorrect. Nowadays it must be
"en_US" instead. Likewise the swatch RPM only had the old "en" language
folder, but was missing the now needed "en_US" folder.

But once I had changed that, I couldn't confirm that it really fixed the
problem as swatch - on my end - was already behaving just fine without those
fixes.

So I just went ahead and incorporated your suggestions as well. The cronjob
now calls a script with the exports in it. Better safe than sorry.

The updated Swatch is hitting the repositories in a few minutes.