[BlueOnyx:08435] Re: shell access issue

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Sun Sep 11 16:10:53 -05 2011

At 11:10 AM 9/11/2011, Michael Stauber wrote:
>Hi Barry,
>
>>         but just to be sure I am clear to all,
>>         yes, I did go to Network Services, and
>>         it is enabled.
>
>Please check the settings for the site, too. As it can be disabled there as
>well.

        Yes, I did that... And strangely, it was not checked. However,
        while it now says it accepted the password,
        I regret to note that it seems to make no difference.
        I still get 'Shell access is not permitted'

        A portion of my secure log might help? It shuts down instantly,
        with that message ... even on a different machine. Anything else
        I can provide?

Sep 11 13:31:45 bx1 sshd[32661]: Accepted password for XXXXXXX from 68.xxx.xxx.xxx port 49475 ssh2
Sep 11 13:31:45 bx1 sshd[32661]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened for user XXXXXX by (uid=0)
Sep 11 13:31:46 bx1 sshd[32661]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session closed for user XXXXX

 - -

Barry Mishkind - Tucson, AZ