[BlueOnyx:08460] Re: Japanese GUI Language still have some problem.

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Sep 14 10:30:08 -05 2011

Hi Eiji,

> Yes,  5106R was fixed,  but 5107R.
> It takes over 24h.

That's strange. I released both updates at the same time. An the Japanese
mirror should have picked them both up at the same time, too.

> I can not undesrand that ;
> A Software Updates tab in English is nothing chenged 5106R's .
> But a Software Updates tab in Japanase is broken,
> even which is no difference from 5106R's Japanase.
>
> What happen on 5107R Language files ?

I'm not sure I fully understand you there, sorry. Please take a look at our
code structure for a brief moment:

.
├── 5106R
│   ├── alpine.mod
│   ├── base-admserv.mod
│   ├── base-apache.mod
│   ├── base-blueonyx.mod
│   ├── base-java.mod
│   ├── devel-tools
│   └── i18n
├── 5107R
│   ├── alpine.mod
│   ├── base-admserv.mod
│   ├── base-apache.mod
│   ├── base-blueonyx.mod
│   ├── base-java.mod
│   ├── devel-tools
│   └── i18n
├── docs
├── ui
│   ├── base-am.mod
│   ├── base-apache-bandwidth.mod
│   ├── base-backupcontrol.mod
│   ├── base-console.mod
│   ├── base-dhcpd.mod
│   ├── base-disk.mod
│   ├── base-dns.mod
│   ├── base-documentation.mod
│   ├── base-email.mod
│   ├── base-ftp.mod
│   ├── base-import.mod
│   ├── base-maillist.mod
│   ├── base-mailman.mod
│   ├── base-memory.mod
│   ├── base-mysql.mod
│   ├── base-network.mod
│   ├── base-phpmyadmin.mod
│   ├── base-phpsysinfo.mod
│   ├── base-power.mod
│   ├── base-raid.mod
│   ├── base-remote.mod
│   ├── base-schedule.mod
│   ├── base-services.mod
│   ├── base-shell.mod
│   ├── base-sitestats.mod
│   ├── base-snmp.mod
│   ├── base-squirrelmail.mod
│   ├── base-ssh.mod
│   ├── base-ssl.mod
│   ├── base-storage.mod
│   ├── base-subdomains.mod
│   ├── base-swupdate.mod
│   ├── base-swupdate.mod.rickard
│   ├── base-system.mod
│   ├── base-telnet.mod
│   ├── base-time.mod
│   ├── base-ups.mod
│   ├── base-user.mod
│   ├── base-vsite.mod
│   ├── base-wizard.mod
│   ├── gallery
│   ├── palette
│   └── sauce-basic.mod
└── utils
    ├── cce
    ├── cce-shell-tools
    ├── cmu
    ├── dns-toolbox
    ├── swatch
    └── TAR-ball-installer

This is a list of the code structure of BlueOnyx and shows the different
modules that we build BlueOnyx from.

BlueOnyx 5106R and 5107R use the same code and the same language files. The
ONLY difference is:

There are only seven modules (those in the 5106R and 5107R directories) which
are platform specific and are only used on the platforms that their names
indicate. But even there the language files are 99% identical between the
modules.

You mentioned the software updates tab is broken? Well, that's served out of
the module "base-swupdate.mod", which is 100% identical between 5106R and
5107R.

And yes: There is next to no Japanese text in base-swupdate.mod, because since
this module was taken from BlueQuartz, a lot of pages were added or changed
and there was nobody who added the Japanese text for the new items. So
eventually this module had more English text than Japanese. So yes, when you
look at the "Software Updates" page these days and have your browser set to
Japanese, you will see almost only English text for all base-swupdate.mod
pages. Simply because we no longer have a Japanese translation for that
anymore. However: This is the same on 5106R and 5107R.

> You can not find a volunteers for Japanese language files ?

That is correct. So far we have nobody who has volunteered to do it. If you
want to give it a try (or know someone who wants to do it), then you're of
course more than welcome to give it a try. In that case I will set up SVN
access for you, so that you can modify the language files.

All you'd need to edit the files woul be an editor for PO files. Something
like this for example: http://www.poedit.net/, although there are of course
also other editors available for this task.